One of the youngest and most dynamic life insurer, that was created as a result of a joint venture between two Indian public sector banks and a UK-based financial services provider, was planning a business process migration from Savvion BPM to IBM BPM after internal evaluation and as per organization’s future roadmap. The client wanted migration of approximately 30 business processes on existing system to the new system without disturbing the current business operations that included critical processes such as insurance underwriting process, being used by 300+ concurrent users.
Nividous faced the challenge of making the BPM migration as smooth as possible. Most of the users were accustomed to the features/functionality of Savvion and Nividous had to ensure that new IBM BPM system would offer similar or better user experience that minimises the learning curve of new system. Along with tackling the above challenges, Nividous had to cater to the few other challenges including:
- Migration of live process instances from Savvion BPM to IBM BPM along with historic data
- Implementation and enhancement of process frameworks on IBM BPM platform
Nividous offered its expertise in architecting, designing and development of solutions to migrate existing operations during the four month engagement period. Nividous was responsible for:
- Migration of existing 30 processes from Savvion BPM to IBM BPM along with integration with existing Document Management System and other custom in-house applications.
- Development and designing of configurable common process framework for all process executions based on various business parameters.
- Development of permission-based & menu-driven human services to traverse across various human services.
- Development and designing of system processes for handling batch jobs at specified intervals.
- Development & designing of dashboard-based multi-level drill down reports for monitoring process execution, batch process execution and user activities.
Nividous ensured smooth migration to new platform in four months. Owing to Nividous’ expertise and efforts, the company was able to automate all existing processes as well as have improved user interfaces and functionalities, faster user acceptance and reduce training time for business users after migration to IBM BPM platform.