An international media solution company with operations in 37 countries around the globe faced issues related to planning and tracking incoming orders leading to severe cash flow issues and disturbed workflow of the organization.
With an aim to finding a solution for the problem and streamline order management processes, the company partnered with Nividous and expected to get a reliable solution for the same.
With its expertise in business process management implementation services and deep roots in product engineering, Nividous was determined to help this organization by streamlining their workflow. The biggest challenge was to develop a centralized system for planning the work, tracking incoming orders, processing orders, invoicing and clear visibility into payment schedule and thus centralize the operations across offices in 37 countries.
Nividous strategized the development process with an aim to replace manual processes with automated solutions and thereby eliminating any inefficiency related to subtitling and dubbing order planning and execution.
Nividous developed intimate knowledge of customer's existing operations and came up with an ideal BPM-based architecture for global order management solution. Nividous team then designed and developed the solution that integrated multiple applications and successfully rolled out to various regions globally. With a dedicated support and maintenance team, Nividous was successful in executing the project that significantly improved cash flows owing to streamlined order planning, operations and execution across offices.
The project involved delivering the following elements to the customer:
- Architecture of global order management solution consisting of:
- Savvion BPM
- Sonic ESB
- Talend MDM
- Pentaho BI
- MS NAV ERP
- Design & development of the global system offering solutions to organize:
- Order Management related to Media Subtitling and Dubbing
- Complex Client and Vendor Rate Cards
- Media Asset and Title Library
- Complex access control system based on role, region and component
- Data migration & data synchronisation across 3 ERP instances
The execution & implementation of new BPM-based system helped the client in:
- Getting a reliable & unified system/process for order management, globally.
- Having end-to- end visibility across participatory countries involved in bringing and fulfilling orders.
- Improving order delivery statistics with 99% of the orders delivered on or before schedule.
- Optimizing resource utilization with improved results using 25% less resources.
- Eliminating the cash flow issue being faced since Q4 of 2014.